World's Only Exclusive Pediatric Microtia Surgeon
LEADER IN ADVANCED
3D-PRINTING OF CARTILAGE CELLS
WHY CHOOSE DR. BONILLA
vast experience in helping children with microtia
Dr. Arturo Bonilla is a world-renowned Microtia Surgeon who “exclusively” specializes in children’s ear deformities. He is also a leader in the advancement of 3D Bioprinting technology using natural cartilage cells.
- Full career (>25 years) exclusively in Pediatric Microtia Surgery
- Only uses “natural cartilage” technique for the outer ear framework
- No risk of fracture and not extremely hard and non-flexible as used by other techniques
- Does not operate on adults
- NIH Fellowship training in Pediatric ENT
- Performs BAHA hearing correction at time of microtia surgery
- Contact Laser Technology that results in very minimal discomfort
- Leader in the next generation of microtia surgery: 3D Bioprinting with cartilage cells
LETTERS FROM OUR PATIENTS
Video - A Year In The Life
The past several years, Dr. Bonilla has published a video of the “year in the life” of his pediatric microtia practice. He adds fun and inspirational music to the videos. His patients love to take pictures and videos and share them with their friends and loved ones.
Dr. Bonilla's Microtia Family
for new patients with microtia
WHAT TO DO
for my child with microtia
First of all, it is very important to know that microtia is NOT caused by the parents. Patients can have a very normal life and do all of the things anybody else can.
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
Dr. Bonilla has traveled throughout the United States and has lectured worldwide in order to educate parents in the management and technical advances in pediatric microtia surgery. In addition, he continues to publish articles and chapters in well-respected textbooks and journals.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
"only natural cartilage ears"
UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
United States Patients
For the 1st stage, patients may return home one week after surgery. For the 2nd stage, patients may return home the day after surgery. For the final procedure, the patients may return home one week after surgery and no further follow up is necessary. We recommend updates by sending us pictures via email or secure text…
DR. BONILLA IN THE NEWS
Arturo Bonilla, M.D.
Pediatric Microtia Institute
International Center for Ear Reconstruction