Advantages of the Laser in Microtia Surgery By Dr. Arturo Bonilla
The advantage of using a gold-contact laser during microtia surgery:
- Less thermal injury
- Less bleeding
- Less pain
Dr. Bonilla has been one of the pioneer surgeons using the gold contact laser with excellent success. It has dramatically decreased blood loss during microtia surgery to approximately one teaspon or 5 cc. Because it is a contact laser, the precision cut occurs only where the laser touches the skin and soft tissue. Because of the success of Dr. Bonilla's laser surgeries, the laser is now used in neurosurgery, gynecology, urology, ENT, gastroenterology and plastic surgery.
The gold contact laser is designed to optimize the benefits of surgical applications!
- Provides Precise Cutting, Excellent Hemostasis, and Touch Control – simultaneously
- Reduces the risk of intra-operative and post-operative bleeding
- Produces a narrow, cleaner and sterile cut, reducing thermal damage
- The Light Scalpels work ONLY where you TOUCH tissue
- <0.3mm depth of penetration for minimized lateral thermal damage to surrounding healthy tissue
- GOLD Laser Energy is delivered through any fluid medium
For further information on the laser, visit the Medical Energy website.